Bi-annually the Welsh Springer Spaniel Club produces a newsletter packed with information about the club, what has been happening in the various disciplines of the Welsh Springer Spaniel, articles, fun and games, breed information and much more.
Printed on quality paper and posted to members worldwide this publication is delivered in January and July every year.
We always love to hear from our members and should you have any feedback, requests or articles for future newsletters please contact the editor via email by clicking here.
An example of a previous yearbook can be found below. Why not become a member to start receiving your own copy.
The Welsh Springer Spaniel Club Year Book is published annually as a detailed summary of the previous years events and activities concerning Welsh Springer Spaniels in the UK.
Regular contents include:
- All WSSC Show Results
- WSSC Cup Winners
- Championship Show Summary for Welsh Springer Spaniels
- All WSSC Working Event Results
- Breed Health Information
- WSSC Member Adverts/Profiles
Year Books are included in WSSC membership (except Juniors) and will be available for collection from the WSSC Championship Show in September each year. Any uncollected Year Books will be posted to members as soon as possible after the show.
Advertising in the Year Book
- Open to any WSSC Member
- Single pages cost £50 and all additional pages are £40 each (additional images are charged at £5)
- Closing date for advert booking is 1st May with advert copy by 31st May
- The actual size of the advert is 132mm x 188mm with your affix displayed at the top of the page
- File formats accepted are Microsoft Word, PDF, JPG, BMP, PNG and TIFF
- A digital proof will be supplied prior to publication
- Adverts may contain wins upto the date of the WSSC Annual General Meeting.
Adverts can be submitted to the editor by email, post, or using the contact form below.
For inspiration of previous adverts please see the book below.
Over the years the Club has produced other ad-hoc publications including full result round up books for show and working events in the UK and win record books.
Most notable publications though are the Book of Champions and the Book of Champions Volume 2. The original book was produced to formally record all UK champions from the date first recorded by the Kennel Club to the end of the show season in 1991. This book is sadly out of print but copies occasionally come up for sale on eBay and Amazon. Volume 2 was published in 2017 with all UK champions and show champions covering the 25 years 1992 to 2016. Check out the Club Shop for any copies still available.
The Club has a list of other valuable resource books written by experts on the breed over the years. This is a selection, many unfortunately out of print but do occasionally appear on eBay and Amazon.