2023 Breed Appreciation Day
The Welsh Springer Spaniel Club is now taking bookings for its annual Breed Appreciation Day.
Date – Wednesday 8th November 2023
Time – 7pm
To be held online via Microsoft Teams. The link will be forwarded to all those who have secured their booking one week prior to the seminar and on the morning of the seminar.
Our Breed speaker for the evening is Mr John Thirlwell (Ferndel). John is a highly experienced judge of many Breeds and has shown and bred Welsh Springer Spaniels since 1976. Among his many achievements in the Breed is owning and showing the current Breed record holder.
The Breed Education Co-coordinator, Mrs Pat Butler-Holley will also be joining the seminar and has kindly offered to present a short Breed history prior to the main Breed talk.
AT our Breed Appreciation Day (BAD) the Breed talk is open to all, and a great way to learn more about the Breed in an informal setting. For those wishing to undertake the Mulitple-Choice Exam (MCE) in order to progress to JEP level 2 they must have fully met the requirements of JEP Level 1 (see criteria below).
JEP Level 1 Criteria
- Minimum of five years proven interest in pedigree dogs
- Attend a requirements of a dog show judge seminar (but not mandatory to take and pass examination)
- Attend a conformation and movement seminar
- Complete a minimum of two full-day stewarding appointments
Participants may attend just the Breed talk by booking onto the BAD or undertake the MCE by booking onto the BAD/MCE.
BAD Only – £5
BAD/MCE – £5
BAD Only – £10
BAD/MCE – £15
Funds raised at WSSC online seminars is re-invested back into judges training. This can include:
- Running in-person seminars
- Holding group mentoring sessions
- Supporting and offering sponsorship to shows (in 2023 the Club has offer nine supported entry events (many with additional sponsorship)
- Offering expenses to mentors and observers to attend shows for this purpose (excludes general and group championship shows).
How to Book:
To book your place we require payment and a completed booking form. Both of these options can be found below.
We look forward to meeting you on November 8th.
Please complete the online booking form below and forward payment to secure your place on this seminar. The booking form will also be used as a judging list application form. Following the seminar all candidates (unless they opt out on the form) shall be added to an appropriate Club list. Full judging list criteria can be found here.BAD/MCE Booking Form
Payment for the BAD or BAD & MCE can be made online using the appropriate link below or via Bank Transfer to:
The Welsh Springer Spaniel Club
Sort Code: 30-92-16
Account No: 02721848
If using a bank transfer please confirm to the Club Secretary via email at firstname.lastname@example.org